Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My Mom's Christmas Quilt


I have been working on this baby for 2 months!
Pin It
 And she is finally finished!
I made this quilt for my mother and gave it to her as an early Christmas gift, so she could display it throughout the month.


My favorite part is most definitely the Candy Cane Stripe edge!


And the Polka Dot backing!


Okay, who am I kidding, I love the WHOLE DANG THING!
 I love that it is a modge podge of various Christmas collections and prints, and that it looks like Christmas exploded onto this quilt!

In fact, I had a really hard time saying goodbye to this one, I totally wanted to keep it for myself. 


I am actually thinking about making the exact same quilt for myself....is that so weird?   Making two of the same quilt?  Let me know if you think I am off my rocker!
Pin It
Would you like to make one too?
Because all the Christmas Prints in our shop are on sale RIGHT NOW!
Some as low as $5.50/ yard.  Find them HERE!

You will only need 1/4 yard of each print. 
For this quilt I cut a bunch of 9" squares from my 1/4 yards, and then cut them up using THIS technique from Allison over at Cluck Cluck Sew....she is awesome-ness. 

I sewed them together, and it turned out so cute! I can't wait to get started on my next one. 

21 comments:

Kim said...

This is beautiful! If I knew the first thing about quilting, I would make one too. I am sure your Mom loved it.

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

Such a pretty quilt, love it!!

Egretta Wells blog said...

It is a beauty! What a treasured gift!

Sandy D said...

Love this Quilt and you should make one for yourself too. I am going to make one after Christmas

Patti said...

Oh, beautiful! Definitely make on for yourself!

Sandy said...

I love this!! You absolutely should make one for yourself :)

Stacy said...

It is so pretty, I love it! For sure make yourself one!!

CathyK said...

You are NOT off your rocker! When a quilt is THAT darling, two is not too many!!!! Great job! I love it.

Unknown said...



Your vintage collection so beautiful.. Inspired to people making valentines dayn very special.

QPT said...

It is so pretty.
Happy Christmas!!!
JingleBells Jinglebells

Unknown said...

Your quilt is beautiful. Christmas everywhere. I am going to make one for next Christmas.

Unknown said...

Beauyiful, I'm a newbie quilter. Is there a pattern?

Sharron White said...

What size is this quilt? Did I miss that?

Melissa said...

I want all of these fabrics!!! Do you have a list of the ones you used for this quilt?

Unknown said...

Can you sell this as a kit?

Unknown said...

Can you sell this as a kit?

Unknown said...

This is the sweetest quilt. It is always hard to hand them over when you have fallen in love with them.
At least you can visit it at your moms. Lol

Kathleen said...

Love this quilt, beautiful way to use scraps or to go all out. With each block needing 1/4th a yard of fabric, how big was your quilt? Block across and such, because I'm thinking of making a full size for myself :)

Unknown said...

Stunning quilt, says everything about Christmas, bet your mum loves it. I'm thinking about beginning quilting...maybe I'll start with a throw cushion. Well done!

Beveme66 said...

I Love the quilt! I even tried to check out your fabric but all I can see is something about doing your own gel nails nothing about fabric. There is nothing wrong with making 2 of the same quilts.

Betty said...

What size is this quilt, I don't think you said. I love it. I know your Mom did as well, it was made with love from her daughter. Please let me know, I would like to make one, now that Christmas is over I can take my time between work and sewing. Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...